Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer in a Bowl

Ireland is currently experiencing some of the highest temperatures ever recorded. This week shall live in legend! 
Myself and my Mother went for a run about the cliffs of Clogherhead (my Mam's home village). We wore dresses and shoes! That's all! No fleeces, no sweaters, no jeans for us. No, Siree! Glorious...
Sea-thrift over Clogherhead, Ireland
 
View out over the head at Clogherhead, Ireland




However, if aliens were to land here now, they would, understandably,
conclude that Humans are a lobster coloured species whose skin peels, enthusiastically, off at the rate of 1 new full body layer per week.
In response to the heat I have created a crafting domain (or nest, if I'm truthful ) just a few steps outside the back garden so that I can retreat swiftly to the kitchen when I start to burn.
On such sojourns to the kitchen I like to prepare my favorite little fruit salad, perfect for the soaring temperatures.

Here are the ingredients for a little Summer in a Bowl Salad

  • chopped peaches (or blueberries or banana or apple.. you get the picture, follow your heart)
  • chopped strawberries
  • 4-6 fresh basil leaves
  • 1 pot of 0% fat coconut Greek yogurt (or flavor of your choosing)
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp milled linseed
    1. Combine fruit and yogurt in a bowl
    2. Take scissors, ball up your basil leaves and snip them to bits over your bowl. Just snip them   right up.
    3. Scatter the almonds over.
    4. Toss honey and linseed into the party.
     
 
WOLLLAAA

Basil and strawberries should get married. 

Mostly so that I can eat their progeny.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment