Monday, August 31, 2009

Head gear for a Hen Hooley

As I mentioned in my last post I was asked to make a little veil for a friend's hen-night.
It was mucho fun to make as you can imagine and it also meant I could use up some supplies that didn't generally fit into my aesthetic.
I went for a birdcage style veil as I think they are both classy and cheeky... But I do look like a bit of an ass pulling this pose:


Just in case you'd like a tutorial here goes:

Materials:
  • Tulle scraps
  • hairband (I picked up a pack of 5 in the €2 shop)
  • diamante brooch
  • red feathers
  • Glue gun
  1. Cut a square-ish piece of tulle slightly larger than your face
  2. Run a length of thread through the top (or least neat edge) of your square amid the netting and bunch up the tulle until it fits the length of your ear to ear
  3. Position your main colour of tulle on the hairband, pin it and reposition until it sits where you want it.
  4. Sew or glue in place.
  5. Now glue your feathers in place - you can go for real drama here or keep it to a few whips.
  6. Now play around with your other decorations, tulle scraps, brooches or whatever else you have to hand. Stitch, glue or pin in place.
Et C'est Tout!
You're all done and looking very risqué too.

No comments:

Post a Comment